Mobile Internet Services Suspended in 2 Jammu and Kashmir Districts

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Mobile Internet Services Suspended in 2 Jammu and Kashmir Districts

In a significant development, mobile internet services have been abruptly suspended in the Poonch and Rajouri districts of Jammu and Kashmir. This move comes in the wake of an extensive search operation by security forces to apprehend terrorists responsible for the recent ambush on two Army vehicles, resulting in the tragic loss of five soldiers.

Officials disclosed that the suspension of mobile internet services in the twin border districts is a precautionary measure aimed at curbing the spread of rumors and preventing any potential law and order disturbances.

The decision follows the mysterious deaths of three individuals, reportedly taken into custody by the Army for questioning. Widespread public discontent aescalated after videos surfaced, allegedly depicting the torture of these suspects.

While both the Army and civil authorities remain tight-lipped about the on-ground situation, insider sources reveal that the mobile internet shutdown is intended to thwart misinformation and deter miscreants from inciting unrest.

Senior Army, police, and civil officers are closely monitoring the situation, with additional police and paramilitary personnel deployed in sensitive areas to ensure peace.

The incident that triggered these developments involved three to four heavily-armed terrorists targeting an army gypsy and a truck in the Poonch region. The attack, which occurred late Thursday afternoon, resulted in the tragic death of five soldiers and injuries to two others. Following the assault, the terrorists reportedly mutilated the bodies of at least two soldiers and confiscated their weapons.

In response to this alarming situation, an extensive search operation was immediately initiated in the densely forested areas, extending to nearby Thanamandi in Rajouri. As of now, there has been no fresh contact with the fleeing terrorists, according to official sources.

Adding another layer of complexity to the unfolding events, three individuals detained for questioning by the Army in connection with Thursday’s attack mysteriously lost their lives on Friday.

The deceased, identified as Safeer Hussain (43), Mohd Showket (27), and Shabir Ahmad (32) from Topa Peer village of Bufliaz, have had their bodies handed over to their families for final rites. Investigations into the cause of their deaths are ongoing.

WhatsApp Channel Join Now

Back to top button
error: Content is protected!

Adblock Detected

Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker!